About Us

We are a family of 6, our children are 6,8,11,and 13. We enjoy Roadtrips and also enjoying finding deals during our road tips. We hope to pass on to you some of our tips and techniques that we find and use during our road trips

Monday, October 15, 2012

Mr. Mills Saves The Day!

                                                                                                         

Mr. Mills Saves The Day!

It starts with a Family Road Trip Cross-country for 40 days. From NJ to California and Back. Our First Fun Stop was South Dakota. We had an Amazing day! We realized we were so close to Devils Tower, Wyoming We just had to take the ride. So we drove 3 1/2 hours the next morning to spend our day at Devils Tower.
We arrived at the park around 10 am the weather was beautiful. We enjoyed the park with hikes and lunch and decided we had to get going back to our hotel. But first I wanted to pull off on the side of the road just outside the park for a photo of the tower. Many tourists stop for the famous photo where you pretend to hold up the tower with your hand. With the distance so far away you can hold the Tower in the palm of your hand. We stopped the car and My husband graciously awaits me to get pictures of each of the kids. So I put my purse down on the cooler which is on the back of the car on the hitch. Took our pictures and got back in the car and headed back to SD. We were just about 1 hour away from SD and saw a place to stop and look at the waterfalls in the Black Hills. We go to get out of the car and I notice my purse is missing!!!!!!!
This was terrible all our money $2500 cash, All our Credit Cards, My Identification, and My check book all in the purse. My husband,not so happy turned around and Headed back to Devils Tower 3 hour drive. It came to me that I had left it on the hitch. I was hysterical. If we couldn’t  get the purse back with at least our credit cards our 40 day Road Trip was Over and this was just day Four. I started to Pray. I called my Dad to Pray. My dad said he would wire us money but realized that that would only get us home. We got back to the park. No Purse! Called the NP Police No purse! We stopped at the restaurants  along the road where we took the picture. Nothing it was gone.
I started calling credit cards to cancel but the first CC I called told me that not only would it cancel mine but my husbands too! OH KNOW! We were stuck! I started to pray and have the kids pray as well. My husband was furious he was yelling at me of how could I be so stupid. I just paid for the person who found my purse vacation. I told him that God will honor my prayer that I was a Kingdom kid and Gods word says to ask and you will receive. This only escalated the situation.
I called my dad back and explained the Credit card issue that we have no way of staying at a hotel without a credit card on file... With my husband being a cop I told him to call the local Police Department and see if anyone turned it in. Even it they took the cash I was glad to get everything else back. My Dad & Mom started to pray for me and the situation,as well as reach out to their friend to pray. As we are praying my husband called the police station. After 3 transferred calls finally we got the right Police Dept.
My husband asked did anyone turn in a purse? The women Said NO! He said that he was a police officer in our town in NJ and the lady said hold on a second. She put us on hold for what seemed to be forever was only 2 minutes. She came back to the line and said I am forwarding you to the next dept. Ok The woman answers and says is this Deborah Citarella? My husband said Yes her husband. We have your purse. Well Thank-you Jesus! At this point we figured we would be getting just my identification back.
We arrived 2 hours later at the police station where I had to make a description of the purse and the officer handed over the purse. To our surprise EVERYTHING was there. Even the Cash. I had to know who this person was. I left my info for them to call the person and request their info. Security reasons. Finally I got the info. It was just an address so I couldn’t call to thank the person. We had a name though. For the next 35 days everything we did we said thanks to Mr. Mills. His honesty and integrity was an amazing lesson for my whole family that there are still good people out there.
When We got home I sent a card in the mail with a gift and a letter of please call us!
Mr. Mills called. It was great to meet him and we have plans to see him this summer on our next road trip! His daughters follow us on Facebook. God not only Honored my pray he sent a Believer to retrieve my purse and make sure it got to the right person in the right Hands.
We will never Forget This God moment and we will NEVER Forget Mr. Mills.

No comments:

Post a Comment